Monday, June 25, 2007

I Wanna Talk About MeMe

I used to hate meme's because I thought they were nothing but self-indulgent ca-ca. Today my outlook is brighter when the little narcissistic angel on my shoulder was dusted with meme powder by Pam of Mindtrips

Here's how it works:
1. Each player starts with 8 random facts/habits about themselves.
2. People who are tagged need to write their own blog about their 8 things and post these rules.
3. List 8 people you choose to tag.
4. Leave them a comment telling them they're tagged and to read your blog.

So, 8 random facts…

1. Due to my OCD brain, I am always thinking random thoughts that either make me laugh or drive me insane. Last week it was random book titles. For example, a memoir about an inspirational seal could be called "A Porpoise Drive Life." It would be about an actress sea lion who "Otter Be in Pictures". She falls in love with a country lovin' humpback named "Whalin' Jennings." Go and SEA it for yourself! Give it the Seal of Approval! You'll flip your fins out over it!

2. I live near a town called Agoura, and I've created an ad campaign for living there: "Get Agoura-phobic: You'll love it so much, you'll never want to leave!"

3. Once I was locked in a bathroom stall with Brett Butler.

4. I went out for lunch with Screech from Saved by the Bell. He proposed marriage, but was probably only kidding as his preference was for stripper types. And making chess videos.

5. I would have preferred the name Eva or Ruby over what we ended up calling our daughter. I would have preferred Alexander to what we ended up calling our son. But now I love their papa given names and feel sorry for anyone who doesn't have them!

6. I plan on writing a musical one day. You will all be invited to the premiere. Bring your best dress... and/or your walkers. Not sure what year this is going to take place, but it will happen.

7. I'm sort of the rapper of mommies. I can rhyme off the top of my head with any subject thrown at me. Try me sometime.

8. I can speak basic Spanish. While traveling in Mexico I'd be good enough to get you to a bathroom or find your car, but I might order you a tampon instead of a taco. I'm a work en progresso!

9. I can play piano by ear.

10. I consider myself a super free spirit in some ways, but a real traditionalist in others. Dyed hair, huge hoops, loud country music? Why not. Precious Moments dessert plates? Not so much.

As for those I'm tagging, they are:

1. One Tall Momma
2. Princess in Galoshes
3. Gretchen
4. Mommyham
5. Meno
6. Maggie
7. Liza's Eyeview
8. Anon in San Fran (you know who you are... just post in comments or your website girl)

Now....go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

14 comments:

Liza on Maui said...

"I consider myself a super free spirit in some ways, but a real traditionalist in others." - this makes you special and lovable :)

I'll work on this and will let you know when it's up :)

Pam said...

LOL, the book titles wrecked me. I can always count on you to have a laugh or two tucked into your posts.

Brett Butler, that's cool, I liked her show. I'd like to hear that story, told in Mama P fashion. Screech...nope, not familiar with him, too old, I guess.

As for the piano playing, rapper mommy; seems you have some interesting, hidden talents and I've picked out my dress for your musical.

Ashley Lasbury said...

Oh, you....you.....you....

No, name calling is not nice. I will not call you names.

Yes, I will do your meme, but not tag anyone else. A womans got to draw the line somewhere!

And I am so jealous that you can play piano by ear!

Gretchen said...

I agree with Liza, 100%. And, I'd love to join. I'll be back to let you know when it's up. And...can I just say, I'm jealous!?

Piano.
Rapper.
Musical.

I guess i'll go eat dirt. It's all I can eat anyway, since I gained this week. :)

meno said...

I knew i liked you.

"Precious Moments dessert plates? Not so much."

I would have fled in terror if you had said they were cool.

Okay, i'll play. It may take me a few days, but i will play.

Lynnea said...

I heard Screech was a perv but I don't remember where I heard that.

I liked Brett Butler's show too. Was she as cool as she comes off?

I memed up my blog in your honor. :-)

Princess in Galoshes said...

I would so come to your musical!

Please let me know when to mark it on my calendar, I do tend to book out way in advance. :-)

P.S. Mine's done. I am a sucker for lists. Even intimidating lists.

Heather said...

You crack me up - ditto the precious moments comment - although in 7th grade, I don't know, cuz I thought they were Suh-Weet.

Mine are up.

Andrea Frazer said...

Liza - Looking forward to reading your stuff.

Pam - You are so easy to make smile - yeah!

OTM - You better do it, girl.

Gretchen - Awww, thanks.

Meno - If you liked Precious Moments, I'd know something was off in the universe.

Maggie - Brett Butler was a freaky lady. Longer story later.

Princess - I can't wait to read your blog.

Ham - I'll check in with ya soon.

Gretchen said...

I'm done w/the meme. And...I think you've inspired something in me...More later. :)

Unknown said...

Well, I'm tagging you back. It's too long, so here's the link.....

http://baldodad.livejournal.com/

Cheryl Wray said...

Wandered over here from Gretchen, where I wandered in from somewhere else. (I like to wander freely around the Web,lol!)
You are a riot and your list is wonderful!!! Can't wait to go back and read your other posts!!

Susie Q said...

You are a total laugh riot girl! I came here via Gretchen and gosh I am glad I did! You are something else! I am so happy to *know* you!
I have you bookmarked for easy return and look forward to popping back in so I can spend some more time!

Dustin Diamond? Oh whoa...

And one could always use a tampon. Might be much more helpful than that taco anyhoo.

You are fantastic!

Hugs,
Sue

Unknown said...

Ahahahaha precious moments plates, if I didn't already love you, I'd love you just for that.

Sorry I haven't e-mailed you back yet. Things got really crazy this week (with mister confusing husband man, of course), my best friend was in town for one day only, I helped my sister move furniture today and may have secured a place in a sorority house for the fall semester (oh the joy/horrors!)...it's just been crazy. Oh, and sometimes I do homework. Sometimes.
Just wanted to let you know I haven't forgotten about you. :)