Friday, April 20, 2007

Out of the Blue

Out of the blue I sold fifty dollars worth of Spongebob tote bags and Disney Princess clutch purses. This goes to show that excitement can happen when you least expect it. You put the idea out there, forget about it, and boom.

Today I was going to go to a park to meet an old friend, but the universe decided to rain buckets. It's probably for the best, as this is a park that's been on the news lately as the stomping grounds of a man harrassing nannies to "buy their children." NICE.

So instead, we will go to the mall. To the play area. With its blinky blink lights and quarter sucking chipped Elmo rides and bacteria infested rubber slides shaped like orgasmic chickens.

Never a dull moment.

2 comments:

Roberta said...

Glad you like the youtube post. I'll be posting more soon.

Heather said...

I agree with your assessment of the mall play places - gross, and yet the crack of all kids aged 18 mos - 5-ish. Is it the thrill of such disgusting risks?

Also, I thought of you when I read this woman's post on thrifting - though :)