Saturday, August 26, 2006

The Six Year Reflection

Today is my sixth year anniversary. We are celebrating it in true Mama P/Rex fashion: he's working on a computer for Stink while I'm hauling rugrats out to Thousand Oaks to hang with Stella at a "big boy McDonalds" (Burger King).

We are, however, doing a two hour dinner tonite. Our tradition? 3 fold perfection:

1. I drop off the kids at my sisters.
2. He orders way too much Chinese take-out
3. We meet in our driveway, plop down on 2 lawnchairs (that we got from Stella for our wedding) and see where the next two hours take us. (Sometimes it's neighbors, sometimes it's a stray dog trying to negotiate a wan ton. Most times it's just us, wondering how in six years we ended up with two kids, a mortgage and the ability to enjoy a good meal in a safe place.)

I will end this post with an email exchange I had with Rex on Thursday. Sometimes he surprises me by sending non work related quotes - known by his company as "Reflections". I am quick to compliment him in my responses.

From Rex: “Never be bullied into silence. Never allow yourself to be made a victim. Accept no one’s definition of your life; define yourself.”
-- Harvey Fierstein

From Me: "Never be bullied into a life of toddlers 24 hours a day. Surprise your wife with a weekend cruise."
-- Your Ball and Chain

3 comments:

Roberta said...

That's funny. Our 7th anniversary is Monday and we celebrated yesterday with dinner at a steakhouse and motorcycle ride. Nothing like riding on his bullet bike to make me feel like we're dating again. It was great. Congrats on your anny.

Teri M. said...

Ok. Now I'm a little freaked out. It's our 17th wedding anniversary today.

Congratulations!!

p.s. Love the "Reflections" response. Lemee know if it works.

meno said...

Congratulations on the anniversary. It's always hard to believe that "it's been that long".
Humor, it's the one true way in a marriage. Have fun on the cruise. :)