Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Now I'm Cooking

I've never professed to be a Cordon Bleu chef, but I manage to get basic healthy meals on the table, especially at dinner. I find it especially sad, however, that when I actually steam the vegetables (translations: press the START button 2 times on the microwave, cover with plate, then serve) my toddler spits them out, stating, "I can't eat these. They're wet."

Me: "They're not wet. They're cooked."

Stink: "Oh." (Pause) "I like them better the way you used to make them."

Me: "You mean raw, right out of the bag, slapped on a paper plate?"

Stink: "Oh, yes, Mommy! Like that! Like that!"

I can't win.

2 comments:

Mandy Klevenski said...

LOL ... too funny! I can totally relate. My four year old is in complete agreement about raw vs. cooked carrots. I figure, what the heck, they're better for him raw anyway.

Teri M. said...

lol "I can't eat these." I can almost hear the indignation. I must say, mostly raw veg was preferred in our house, as well. Now she pretends to not like them at all. ::sigh::