Monday, May 22, 2006

I Made a Huge Log

Not that kind of log, you potty mouth freaks. A query log. Thanks to columns and tables via Microsoft word, I am logging in every query I send: To Which Publication, Article Name, Date, Fax or Email or Hard Copy, Notes. I'm hoping it will kick me in the head to keep filling up one per week. Also, it will assist me in remembering the tiny details that sometimes, with two kids, can slip my mind. "Does an editor called Naybor need stories about unique play gyms, or does my neighbor have an interesting story about what happened at a play gym?" Shocking that it can get muddled.

Bottom line: I figure with keeping all my ducks in a row, I'm bound to land an article at some point. Or if I don't, I can use it as a huge reminder that "I suck! I suck! I suck! Look at all those places you applied and you got a big fat NAAAADA!"

Then again, if that happened, I would use all my "no's" to write a fabulous book about keeping positive in spite of rejections. I would keep a big fat log of Who, What, When, Where and the Date I sent the book proposal. And then the process will keep repeating forever and ever until some poor sucker takes my ideas and the rest, my friends, is history.

Either I'm very tenacious or insane.

No comments, please.

1 comment:

Teri M. said...

Well, I'm commenting anyway, darn it.

You're so organized... teach me, sensei.