Tuesday, December 13, 2005
Okay, so this little ditty was taken from Toni's blog. I thought I'd throw it out there in case any of you want to add your two cents. (And thank you to WGA L, Mrs. V and a few more who posted! You're alive!)
Okay, here they are...
Seven things to do before I die:
1. Write a musical
2. Write a series of books similar to Armistead Maupins Tales of the City called 'The Valley Gal Chronicles'
3. Be published in a nationwide magazine
4. Get back into TV and do shows I love
5. Not be so anxious about traveling. (I went to London once for 5 days and spent 3 in a hotel. That's just dumb)
6. Be more current about news and perhaps a bit more poltical
7. Start a program for stressed out moms
8. Make a living from home (either Ebay or writing)
9. Take up piano again
10. Be very physically fit
11. Do more things that scare me(okay, so I have more than 7... I'll stop here)
Seven things I can (or will) not do:
1. Be mean to someone on purpose. It's just not in my nature. I can't say I haven't hurt people due to my honest and large mouth, but it was never to intentionally hurt them.
2. Go through childbirth without an epidural (Since we're not having any more kids, this isn't an issue. Unless I get knocked up by Liam Neesons Love child in a re-enactment from "Rob Roy"'s opening scene, but that won't happen either due to #3, inspired by Toni
3. Cheat on James. He can be a pain in the ass, but he's so damn loyal and good and true. I adore him.
4. Dance on my toes. I'm 6'1. I am a 38 DD. It's just not in the cards.
5. Jump out of a plane.
6. Have certain kinds of sex in certain kinds of places, body or otherwise... nuf said.
7. Walk naked in a nudist colony. Call it the Catholic conservative in me. I just don't need my hoo hoo in the wind. Nor my post child gumby boobs. Sounds very freeing, though. Until you sit on a lawn chair. Yuk.
Seven things that attract me to my spouse/partner/the opposite sex:
1. His beautiful face - like John Kennedy Junior - classic, rugged.
2. His voice - deep
3. His no nonsense, grounded attitude on life
4. His heart - amazing with kids and animals
5. His cleanliness - I can be messy, so it's a plus. When we first dated, he'd show up at my teeny apartment - that didn't have a dishwasher - and take my dishes to his condo on his lunch break). Then he'd take them home, run them through his dishwasher, and bring them back. I thought that was sweet. OF course later in life, it's this anal side that I could kick him in the head for. But while I'm kicking him in the head, I have clean plates.
6. I loved that he owned a condo and wore pants that weren't falling off his ass. A big plus compared to some winners I dated.
7. He puts up with me.
Seven things I say most often:
1. I love you.
2. Who loves you more than anyone in the whole world? And Nick screams "Mommy!"3. 1! 2! 3! Time out!
4. Hi, Doll
5. God Damnxxx! Need to work on that
6. Thank you
7. God, I really need to... fill in the blank
Seven books (or series) I love:
1. Tales of the City
2. Editorials in the LA Times Magazine
3. Harry Potter
4. Anything Ann Tyler
5. The Little House series when I was a kid.
6. The Writers Market (God, I really need to query... see?)
7. Any kind of home decorating or woman's magazine
Seven movies I watch over and over again (or would if I had the time):
2. Life is Beautiful
4. When Harry Met Sally
5. Evita or any musical for that matter.
6. The Incredibles
7. Rudolf the Red Nosed Reindeer (It's just so cozy with the snow and the music and the whole underdog theme. I am not fond of Santa's sexim toward Clarissa, but that aside, it's a classic)
Okay, anybody else, feel free.
The picture above is my husband in Germany. As you can see, he's totally exhausted. Can't you just see how much he misses me from his eyes? I really need to send him a care package.