Saturday, December 10, 2005

I Am Thankful

I awoke this morning to James eating Cheerios on the floor with the kids. He also had sent the following (posted below) to me. I don't know what's going on around here, but clearly the Xmas spirit is infesting even the curmugeony of scrooges. I also find it odd that the one other blog I follow (Travels with Toni, link a few posts below) features quite a few "gratitude" listings. Coincidence... Universal goodness being tapped into? I don't know. But it's nice to focus on the good things in life sometimes rather than the obvious sadnesses. Some of you might have lost family around this time of year (I did). Some of you might be low on money (been there). Some of you might not have a significant other (been there). Some of you might be fighting with your significant other (been there). But even with all this, there's always something lovely amiss. Let's turn our heads toward that and keep on truckin'. And if you can't see the rainbow in the rain, there's always the news.


From James.....

I am Thankful: FOR THE WIFEWHO SAYS IT'S HOT DOGS TONIGHT, BECAUSE SHE IS HOME WITH ME. FOR THE HUSBANDWHO IS ON THE SOFABEING A COUCH POTATO,BECAUSE HE IS HOME WITH ME.FOR THE TEENAGERWHO IS COMPLAINING ABOUT DOING DISHESBECAUSE IT MEANS HE IS AT HOME,NOT ON THE STREETS.FOR THE TAXES I PAYBECAUSE IT MEANSI AM EMPLOYED.FOR THE MESS TO CLEAN AFTER A PARTYBECAUSE IT MEANS I HAVEBEEN SURROUNDED BY FRIENDS.FOR THE CLOTHES THAT FIT A LITTLE TOO SNUGBECAUSE IT MEANSI HAVE ENOUGH TO EAT.FOR MY SHADOW THAT WATCHES ME WORKBECAUSE IT MEANSI AM OUT IN THE SUNSHINEFOR A LAWN THAT NEEDS MOWING,WINDOWS THAT NEED CLEANING,AND GUTTERS THAT NEED FIXINGBECAUSE IT MEANS I HAVE A HOME.FOR ALL THE COMPLAININGI HEAR ABOUT THE GOVERNMENTBECAUSE IT MEANSWE HAVE FREEDOM OF SPEECH..FOR THE PARKING SPOTI FIND AT THE FAR END OF THE PARKING LOTBECAUSE IT MEANS I AM CAPABLE OF WALKINGAND I HAVE BEEN BLESSED WITH TRANSPORTATION .FOR MY HUGE HEATING BILLBECAUSE IT MEANSI AM WARM.FOR T HE LADY BEHIND ME IN CHURCHWHO SINGS OFF KEYBECAUSE IT MEANSI CAN HEAR.FOR THE PILE OF LAUNDRY AND IRONINGBECAUSE IT MEANSI HAVE CLOTHES TO WEAR.FOR WEARINESS AND ACHING MUSCLESAT THE END OF THE DAYBECAUSE IT MEANS I HAVE BEENCAPABLE OF WORKING HARD.FOR THE ALARM THAT GOES OFFIN THE EARLY MORNING HOURSBECAUSE IT MEANS I AM ALIVE.AND FINALLY, FOR TOO MUCH E-MAILBECAUSE IT MEANS I HAVEFRIENDS WHO ARE THINKING OF ME.SEND THIS TO SOMEONE YOU CARE ABOUT. I JUST DID.
Live well, Laugh often, & Love with all of your heart!

No comments: