Thursday, August 18, 2005

No News is Bad News

Would it be so terrible for our agent to call us and say "Nickelodeon wants to hire you" or "Warner Brothers is going to give you a script" or "Carsey Werner is interested in a pilot deal." It's not like I don't go to a zillion meetings a year. And I know that you must hear a million "no's" before a yes. And I know how lucky I am to have even been produced in the past... to go to these big production houses... to talk to these people about my wack job ideas. But you know what? Today I don't have much perspective. I'm on my fourth day alone without my husband, and rather than wondering how I'm going to get to the park by 10:30, only to be home by 12, to get to a parent/child sign up class by 1, to be home by 4 to get dinner on the table, I'd rather get a call saying I'm going to get paid for something else I'm good at. It's not like I'm asking for a million dollar movie. I'm asking for a tiny litte freelance script. Just to get me out of the house for a month or so and buy me a new entertainment center.

Dear God, send me one little break this month, and I'll never ask for another script this year. Oh, and next year, I'll give up lying.

CALL ME PEOPLE! YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: