Sunday, July 24, 2005

I Hate Encino

So for all two of you faithful readers out there, you are probably on pins and needles wondering how James and my first vacation in two and a half years went. The plus side: we upgraded from the Best Western to the Marriott. The downside: Thanks to a power outage in Encino, Cecelia’s house was unfit for a toddler, so Sophia came along with us. Nothing says "romantic night away" like a ordering homogenous milk at the hotel bar and setting up a Pack N Play. Cecelia feels bad about the situation and swears she’ll give me a rain check. I’m sure she’ll be thinking about how bad she feels on her upcoming seven day trip to Hawaii. I would tell her to burn in hell for getting to spend a week of uninterrupted time with her husband in paradise, except that she’ll be staying in her mother-in-law’s basement. As I was burping Sophie at 9am, rather than sleeping in as planned, I have to admit that I got some humor out of the fact that my trip won't be the only one that sucks. And of course, I told Cecelia this. I love Cecelia for the fact that she takes my ribbing with good humor. I’ll love her even more if she offers to take Sophie for two days when she gets back, rather than just one. But I’ll settle for a one night raincheck with a good story about how she and Bob were trying to enjoy their honeymoon, but the only pounding they heard was the sound of the washing machine hitting the cement wall. With their lack of sex, it will almost be like they have children. But in their case, they’ll have clean clothes.

2 comments:

Andrea Frazer said...

Since you are the only commenter in over two weeks, I will not only make you sound interesting, I will add facts to your life. Next week: "Cecelia's mother-in-law, Clarissa, finds out she's a stripper!"

Andrea Frazer said...

Lizy -

You are, without a doubt, one of my favorite people in life. I swear that we are related through the Crowells. Don't forget to give me your aunts email so my uncle can swap geneology with her. Kisses to your sweet Jessica and equally sweet Brianna. LOVE YOU!